- ready to use and comfortable ZFS storage appliance for iSCSI/FC, NFS and SMB
- Active Directory support with Snaps as Previous Version
- user friendly Web-GUI that includes all functions for a sophisticated NAS or SAN appliance.
- commercial use allowed
- no capacity limit
- free download for End-User
- increased GUI performance/ background agents
- bugfix/ updates/ access to bugfixes
- extensions like comfortable ACL handling, disk and realtime monitoring or remote replication
- appliance diskmap, security and tuning (Pro complete)
- Redistribution/Bundling/setup on customers demand optional
please request a quotation
SmartOS is a Illumos distribution. It is mainly used for cloud and KVM virtualisation usage.
It is commercially supported and may be very interesting also for basic NAS/SAN usage in future.
Main Advantage over SmartOS and OI:
Live edition: boots from USB, runs from RAM
Nothing stored on bootdrive, OS is like a firmware.
What is missing to use it as a NAS or SAN
-Some basics installed and configured in global zone like SMB, NFS, Comstar, smartmontools, mc etc
example via an online wget installer to configure a default installation.
- Script to restore settings like users or AD membership on bootup from your datapool
- Script to save current state (ex users) to your datapool on demand
What is needed to add napp-it
- Basic installer must install perl
- Manifest/Script to autostart napp-it or you need to start napp-it manually on demand
- A menu for SmartOS with save/restore current settings (call a script)
If these iitems are solved, SmartOS may be a very very interesting USB Stick distribution
for a universal (all-in-one like) ZFS NAS/SAN with KVM capabilities.